Monday, July 7, 2008

What if my head explodes?


So I did it. The invites are being printed by my girl Karah as we speak. I'm so nervous and if it weren't for the time crunch I'd probably still be editing and changing and "perfecting" them, but I ran out of time! 

I mean, I'm totally happy with them- heck, I'm in LOVE with them. Karah (www.bellabykarah.com) did a rocking job. But there's just that little bit of doubt in the back of my mind haunting me with thoughts like- What if I made the rsvp date is too soon?... or not soon enough? What if there's a misspelling- you know you're a terrible speller! What if the times change? What if anything changes? What if EVERYTHING changes?

And what if my head explodes from all these useless, nervous thoughts expanding and multiplying? I needed to stop.

So I said "Karah, get thee to a studio!" And she did, and they'll be done and at my doorstep before I know it. 

I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

Has anyone else felt this nervous about finishing their invites?

4 comments:

Shell said...

YES!! I completely remember that obsessing! AND I completely have forgotten it now...8 years later, and I couldn't tell you what they said unless I pulled out the album to look...(Nor do I really care...)

They WILL BE PERFECT! The wedding will be PERFECT, and everything else will fall into place.

So, from 8 years down the road, I say to you (with MUCH LOVE!).....STEP AWAY from the WEDDING PLANNING! Take a break. Clear your head. Forget it for a day or two (the world won't end, I promise!!). Go do something fun and funky, and then come back to it again and have FUN with it! And remember, the things which MAY go wrong may be the things you'll remember and laugh about most down the road (like losing the garter at the church....:) Relax! ;) It's supposed to be FUN, not stressful!!

Karah and Doug Pope said...

Megan,
please don't be terrified! once you get the invites attached the envelopment you will fall in love with them all over again! they're very unique & the colors are fabulous--just like your wedding will be!:)

much love,
karah @ bella by karah

Anonymous said...

Megs, dearest, sweetheart, gorgeousness, chanteuse,

A wise man once said, "Wherever you go, thre you are." But waht's so cool is that you get to be wherever you are as Aaron's lovely lady. The invites are soooo amazing and I know everyone will love them, and most importantly, YOU GUYS LOVE THEM!! So relax and think about your amazing honeymoon to come in 12 weeks...

xoxoxoxo

megan said...

Man, I'm not freaking out at ALL anymore! Karah just sent me a photo of them and they look amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. i'm so stoked!
And Michelle is right, I need to chill out, if stuff changes, it changes and I"ll deal with it then. no biggie!
I love all you guys!!!!!!