Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're invited!

We got our invitation to the couple's wedding shower that Meg and Amy are throwing for us.

How cool is that invitation!? I love the colors and the orange bow makes me quite happy. Plus I love the way that Meg writes. :)

This particular shower is going to be different than normal wedding showers.

As I said before, I don't have a lot of friends that are girls, except for the ones in my family and my mom is already planning on throwing a shower for the family. So this one is going to be for all of Aaron and my buddies! The only family member who's invited is my cousin Nathan because he's always been one of my closest friends and he won't be able to make it to Maui so I wanted to include him some way.

Also, what Meg didn't mention on the invitation is that it's going to be a birthday celebration as well, at least I'm looking at it that way, because it's the day before my 27th birthday and all our closest friends will be there (hopefully). 

Another way that it's going to be different than a typical wedding shower is that Amy (my bridesmaid and hostess) told it's going to be more like a bbq than a wedding shower. She told me that there will be NO GAMES. And I said THANK YOU!!! I'm happy to just have all of our close friends together in their fantastic backyard with food, drinks and presents! I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday weekend.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Yea!! No toilet-paper-wedding-dress-
creation-competition/torture... You're set!

Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

DOH!
I Have my last GRE class at this time...yea Sunday...school!! LAME
Ill see what I can do
xoxoxo
Alex

megan said...

aaaawwwwwwww! BUMMER!!!
I was really looking forward to seeing you there. :(
Aaron's gonna be sad. But maybe you can call one of us and see if we're still partying after your class?