Friday, January 25, 2008

the new engagement ring is trying kill me!


I hate my new ring, and the frustrating part is that I picked it out! I picked this particular ring bc it was the only ring that looked anything like an engagement in ring in our price range (which was nada!).

But now I know that the ring is EVIL. Those pretty plumeria petals are like little HOOKS that grab anything that it comes in contact with. Not kidding, yesterday I was stuck to the carpet for a few minutes bc I couldn't get my ring unhooked and i couldn't get my finger out of the ring! It's snagging on sweaters and and getting tangled in my hair and I can't wear it to bed bc we have some ebroidery on the sheets and I just about rip my finger off every time I switch positions. 

Based on some advice my best friend (and Man of Honor) gave me, I finally came clean to Aaron about my issues with the new ring. He got pissed and annoyed and wants nothing to do with exchanging it for something more practical. So... I'm pretty bummed that I'm going to have to pick out my engagement ring all by my lonesome. :(

Anyway, I'm just venting, I guess. But I have to say that I feel like a materialistic asshole for complaining about something like an engagement ring. I mean, I'm lucky enough to have one at all! But I promise- not all girls who hate their engagement rings are materialistic, sometimes those rings are evil and they're out to ruin your life one sweater at a time!

No comments: