Saturday, October 4, 2008

Spotlight on: Kimmy & the Wedding Makeup


My friend and fashion goddess, Kimmy, helped me out by coaching me on wedding accessories and makeup. If you know me then you know that I'm not a very girly girl. If you don't know me than let me tell you that I still have makeup that I used in high school, I never buy makeup and even if I did I wouldn't really know what to do with it. I'm a lipgloss and mascara girl and that's about all I can handle. 

So Kimmy's advice to me was to go to the Laura Mercier makeup counter at Saks and have someone do my makeup there with my wedding in mind and then buy whatever makeup they have. I thought this was a great idea. The only thing was- there was NO WAY that I was going to work up the courage to go alone, and Kimmy lives in New York. 

Luckily about a week before the wedding Kimmy came out to LA! And she dragged took me to Beverly Hills to do a little makeup shopping, with a few rules in play-
1. It had to look natural. 
and
2. NO blush.

getting my makeup done.

Luckily the girls that were working the Laura Mercier counter had both lived in Maui and specialized in doing wedding makeup on the island, so they had the "beach bride" look down. But Kimmy wasn't having the "no blush" rule. She told me "there's a reason they're called 'blushing brides' Megan! You HAVE to have blush." I have to admit, she had a point. But I wasn't going to be sold until I saw it on me. The girls at the counter had an idea that took them away from Laura Mercier and over to the Nars counter where they found a blush called "orgasm." Hmmm. But it ended up being perfect! Check it out...

the "blushing" bride all made-up

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to re-create this the day of, but I bought all the makeup anyway. Except for the blush. Kimmy bought that for me. :)

Kimmy and Me being girly in Beverly Hills

THANKS KIMMY!!!!! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: