Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my coral centerpieces...


So excited people, so excited!!! I just ordered the coral for the wedding reception centerpieces!

I woke up last night in a panic because I realized that we're really down to the wire and I had never actually purchased the coral the centerpieces. There was nothing i could do about it at 3am. So after watching a couple of episodes of the office and drinking a glass of wine I went back to bed. 

Went to work this morning and the first thing I did was take care of business. (Not work related business of course- the real important wedding related business.)

Found out that Z Gallerie is still offering their large pieces of coral for $39 and they were totally in stock! (Last time I tried to get them they were on backorder and in limited numbers.) Ordered eight of the large white ones and I'm going to spray paint them bright orange and set them in a bowl of sand at each table. Much like this...

(except orange)

I love when I get stuff done. Now all I have to do is go to Maui, hope that I can still find those glass bowls pictured above, hopefully the coral has already arrived, spray paint them orange, wait for them to dry, steal sand, fill the bowl and voila!...

I have a feeling the first week on Maui is not going to be very relaxing at all. But it beats being in LA!!! :)


UPDATE: 

to see how the coral centerpieces turned out, click here.

No comments: