Saturday, June 28, 2008

Spotlight on our photographer: Benja Iglesis


Another person that the island of Maui has been kind enough to bring into my life is Benja Iglesis.

The first time I met Ben I was on my cousin's a boat just finishing up a snorkeling expedition at Molokini. Ben was on a different boat, filled with tourists, just coming in to Molokini for a snorkeling expedition. His boat pulled up to our boat and my cousins exchanged pleasantries with Ben and the rest of the crew and in a rare moment I found it hard to speak because Ben was one of the hottest guys I had ever seen! (Sorry ladies, he's married!) 

My cousins told me that he was a Chilean scuba dive master who worked on a boat with a friend of theirs. What I didn't know until recently is that Ben is the most amazing photographer! His underwater images will blow your freaking mind. (I had a picture he took of a green sea turtle as my laptop background forever!) And without even knowing if he can do weddings I asked him to photograph mine. 

Turns out the guy's wedding photos are also incredible, above or below the water...









all photos courtesy of Benja Iglesis for more information and some incredible views of underwater sea life please check out his website  www.benjaiglesis.com.

No comments: