Thursday, May 15, 2008

the Catz meow


I found the perfect wedding dresses for a beach weddings

The designer's name is Tamara Catz, she's hails from Argentina but lives in Maui and I just bought my dress from her shop in Paia.

inside the Tamara Catz store in Paia

I searched and searched for the perfect beach wedding dress and found only ONE decent dress under $1000. I thought that was ridiculous. Most of the "affordable" dresses that looked like they'd be light and flowy, perfect for the beach, only just looked that way. They were actually very heavy because they were made of cheaper fabrics. The best dresses were WAY out of my price range. I'm sorry, I just refuse to pay $2500 for a dress that I'm only going to wear once, even if it IS the most important day of my life. I'd rather spend that money on pictures or drinks!

And then I found Tamara Catz and ALL of her dresses were beautiful, light and airy, and comfortable! AND most all of them were under $1000! Sweet deal.

Here's a collage I put together of some of her dresses from the website, 
the one I chose is not pictured.


I ended up simply choosing the one that fit me the best, but I loved all of them equally and I seriously would have been happy with any one of them.


I found this entry on the Mango Tree Photography Blog that sums up exactly what I love about her dresses...
Tamara was recently interviewed about her new line [of wedding dresses] and this is what she had to say. "I wanted to create a beautiful dress that's suitable for an Island bride — not a Cinderella dress that you put on and suddenly you're someone else," Tamara designed always having the environment in mind, selected natural fibers in creams and beiges, with subtle touches such as shells, beads and embroidery that have the look of soft, sandy beaches. "When you wear it, you are part of the environment and you look like an Island girl, but in a wedding way,"
And on that note I'll leave you with an adorable picture I snapped of Tamara Catz's cat...

3 comments:

Morgan said...

yayyy for your PREFECT/BEACHY/ONE WITH THE
ENVIRONMENT dress! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Link to our blog! Sounds like you being in Maui really is helping the planning along. Maui works in special ways like that. If you have any questions about your event photography, or some killer locations that we work with, feel free to contact us. Keep up the great work!

Mahalo Nui Loa,
MIke
MangoTree Photography.com

megan said...

Mike,
Oh yay! you found this blog. I'm happy to mention you. I was going to write you a comment to let you know I was stealing from you ;) but them my internet crapped out on me and I forgot. :(
yeah, Maui is really amazing like that. I love it with all my heart and I hope one day to live there!
thanks for stopping by!
-megan