Thursday, April 10, 2008

location ,location,location

Now on to wedding locations in Los Angeles!!!

I definitely want to get married outdoors and to keep some of the Hawaiian-earthy-hippy vibe. So I started my search and found a bunch of really beautiful places- but all of them had at least ONE fatal flaw.

for example:

Marvimon
in Elysian Park
Marvimon was originally built by an Italian race car driver in 1924 as one of LA's first automobile showrooms! But now it's a great unconventional downtown luxury loft with large private yard, available for events, exhibitions and weddings.
It beautiful, creative, unique and close by! But then while doing more research I found this on blog called A $10,000 WEDDING.


the fatal flaw:Way to many extra expenses.


The Long Beach Museum of Art
The space is $4,000 on weekdays and $5,000 on a Saturday. Not too bad. The place can hold up to 250 people. Perfect. The websites description had me sold...
"The Long Beach Museum of Art's magnificent oceanfront location is a truly unique venue, offering romantic sunset views of the Pacific Ocean, manicured gardens, historic Craftsman-style buildings, and a prized art collection showcased in elegant galleries. "

The fatal flaw: Everything has to be over by 10pm. And I want to party wellll into the night.


The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach
I really love this one! It's perfect in a lot of ways- we got engaged in an aquarium and it'd be nice to be married in one, the whole shark thing, and I'm just a sucker for anything under the sea. I think a lot of people would be really entertained by a going to a wedding at an aquarium. Actually I haven't found a "fatal flaw" per se, just one small flaw so far...

non-fatal flaw: indoor location, can be kinda cheesy what which the exhibit photos and banners posted all over the place.


Waters Lakehouse Restaurant
in Irvine

My future Mother-in-Law suggested this place. It's a beautiful restaurant on a lake with a huge salt water aquarium- what's not to love about that? I've never been there, but from the pictures it looks amazing!


fatal flaw:All receptions must conclude by 5:00 p.m. All music music stop by 4:30. AND, well, it's in Irvine.



If I'm going to have my wedding in LA, I'd like to have it in some location that's special to the area. Like an historic landmark or a place that's meaningful to my life. But I honestly can't think of ONE place like that.

Again I'm holding my arm up and shaking my fist at the airlines for blowing my Maui beach wedding.

No comments: