Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The great "Mr & Mrs" compromise of '08


Of course after I wrote the blog about not mentioning my parents names on my wedding invitation my family got into it with me about that on Father's Day, of all days. 

I plead my case about hating the look of a formal invites, my cousin and my mom ganged up on me about how it's the way it's "supposed to be" and my sister just begged yelled at us all to shut up. 

But out of the argument came a compromise whereby my invitations stay simple and un-tainted by middle names and honorific titles and my parents still get all the bill-paying cred.
And I think this is a good idea for anyone who goes the way of non-tradish. wedding invite.
The return address on the envelope will be my parents & the RSVP cards will be addressed to my parents, full names and all.

I can live with that. I don't like it, but that's compromise for ya.

No comments: